2016-2017 Catalog and Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Construction Management Technology, AAS
Construction Managers are in high demand to meet local, regional and national needs of the growing construction industry. The Construction Management program will prepare students for rewarding careers in construction such as a general contractor, project manager, jobsite superintendent or estimator.
The Construction Manager may be involved in the day-to-day planning, design, and construction of many types of facilities including, but not limited to:
- commercial (i.e. office buildings and shopping centers)
- institutional (i.e. healthcare facilities and schools)
- industrial (i.e. factories and refineries)
- residential (i.e. homes and apartments)
- civil (i.e. highways and utilities)
Construction Managers are responsible for the oversight of construction projects from the delivery of materials, tools and equipment, to the quality of construction, worker productivity and safety. They coordinate and manage people, budgets, schedules and contracts with the ultimate goal of finishing the construction project on a timely and economical basis.
- Southeast Tech Laptop Required
Meet your Instructors