Dec 10, 2019
Southeast Tech’s Pharmacy Technician program educates and trains students for positions in hospitals, retail pharmacies, and other medical facilities working as pharmacy technicians assisting registered pharmacists in all aspects of prescription dispensing.
Pharmacy technicians fill orders for unit doses and prepackages pharmaceuticals and perform other related duties under the supervision and direction of a pharmacy supervisor of staff pharmacist. Pharmacy technician duties include keeping records of drugs delivered to the pharmacy, storing incoming merchandise in proper locations and informing the supervisor of stock needs and shortages. Technicians may also clean equipment used in the performance of duties and assist in the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies. People entering this field will find excellent employment opportunities.
Background checks and drug screenings are required for this program.
- Southeast Tech Laptop Required
Upon completion of a Diploma in Pharmacy Technician, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- To recognize and understand anatomy and medical terminology as well as pharmacy related to the program modalities.
- Performance of quality diagnostic and monitoring procedures.
- Operation and troubleshooting ability of Pharmacy equipment.
- Collection and review of diagnostic data.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Application of recording techniques to obtain best representation of potentials for each testing situation data is collected for.
- To understand the clinical correlation between patient history and field specific testing.
- Ability to perform testing for clinically diverse populations in a safe and effective manner.
- Recognition of artifact and ability to apply troubleshooting techniques for safety and resolution.
- Exhibit strong work ethic, integrity, teamwork and networking between peers, patients, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrate awareness to cultural diversity.
- Maintain accountability for actions and results.
- Show customer service in all encounters.
- Encourage professional advancement by urging students to complete certification.
- Promote professional memberships in field specific organizations.
- Remain competitive within profession by participating in continuing education.
- Awareness of advancement and professional development within profession.
- To demonstrate professional communication.
- Follow instructions, verbally and in written format.
- Provide ethical and compassionate communication with patients, families and professionals.
- Accurate and concise reports in written documentation.
Program Curriculum - Total Credits: 48
Satisfactory completion of the above classes are required to take the following:
*Satisfactory completion of all required course work and approval of Program Chair. Requirements: Achievement of a “C” or better for all HC and PHRM courses.
Students entering a program in any semester other than outlined may not graduate in the expected amount of time.
Estimated total program fees
|Books & Supplies
|Moving and Travel
|Physical & Immunizations
|Background Check & Drug Screen