Aug 24, 2019
Collision Repair and Refinish Technicians repair everything from a dented bumper to an almost total wreck. Technicians have the skills and knowledge necessary to determine what repairs are needed to repair vehicles. They may restore autobody parts to their original shape or replace whole sections of the autobody. Technicians may give estimates, repair and refinish auto bodies, and align auto frames.
- Southeast Tech Laptop Required
Upon completion of a Diploma in Collision Repair & Refinish Technology, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Match interests to employment area.
- Match aptitudes to employment area.
- Identify short term work goals.
- Match attitudes to a job area.
- Match physical capabilities to a job area.
- Demonstrate a drug-free status.
- Repair non-structural body components.
- Repair structural body components.
- Repair auto refinish systems.
- Repair body electrical systems.
- Repair auto body mechanical and suspension systems.
- Demonstrate estimating and customer relations skills.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Clarify purposes and goals.
- Identify the problem.
- Employ reasoning skills.
- Assess employer and employee responsibility in solving a problem.
- Evaluate options.
- Estimate results of implemented options.
- Set priorities.
- Identify solutions to the problem and their impact.
- Select and implement a solution to a problem.
- Prioritize and organize workloads.
- Assess business image and products/services.
- Identify positive behavior.
- Identify company dress and appearance standards.
- Participate in meetings.
- Identify work-related terminology.
- Identify how to treat people with respect.
- Value individual diversity.
- Respond to praise or criticism.
- Provide constructive praise or criticism.
- Channel and control emotional reactions.
- Identify style of leadership used in teamwork.
- Match team member’s skills and group activity.
- Work with team members.
- Complete a team task.
- Evaluate outcomes.
- Identify established rules, regulations and policies.
- Practice cost effectiveness.
- Practice time management.
- Assume responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Exhibit pride.
- Display initiative.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn.
- Identify the value of maintaining regular attendance.
- Apply ethical reasoning.
- Identify safety and health rules/procedures.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of equipment in the work place.
- Identify conservation and environmental practices and policies.
- Act during emergencies.
- Maintain work area.
- Identify hazardous substances inthe work place.
- Identify steps in applying for a job.
- Locate employment opportunities.
- Identify job requirements.
- Identify conditions for employment.
- Evaluate job opportunities.
- Prepare a resume.
- Write job application letter.
- Complete job application form.
- Prepare for job interview.
- Complete state and federal tax forms.
- Complete employees withholding allowance certificate form W-4.
- Communicate orally with others.
- Use telephone etiquette.
- Prepare written communication.
- Follow written directions.
- Ask questions about task.
- Demonstrate basic keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of computing.
- Recognize impact of technological changes on tasks and people.
- Identify the elements of the job transition.
- Formulate transition plan.
- Exhibit ability to handle stress.
- Recognize need to change or quit a job.
- Write a letter of resignation.
- Describe responsibilities of employee.
- Describe responsibilities of employer or management.
- Investigate opportunities and options for business ownership.
- Assess entrepreneurship skills.
Program Curriculum - Total Credits: 68
Students entering a program in any semester other than outlined may not graduate in the expected amount of time.
Estimated total program fees
|Books & Supplies
|Tools & Supplies