Aug 24, 2019
Love working with people? Are you a self-starter that enjoys discovering solutions for others? As an insurance & financial services professional, the sky is the limit for career potential. Either as an entrepreneur or as an agent of an established firm, insurance & financial services professionals work with products that everyone relies on. Strong sales and interpersonal communication skills are essential for this career field.
Students begin by gaining a solid foundation in business administration principles including courses in Accounting, Business Law, Microsoft Office and Business Communications. In the second year of study, there will be specific courses in insurance & financial services areas including Property Casualty, Commercial Insurance, Claims, Life Insurance, Health Insurance and Operations and Regulations.
Online degrees at Southeast Tech are taught by Southeast Tech faculty who have been specially trained in online teaching methods. All coursework is completed online through a special portal just for online students. Program curriculum is reviewed annually by local industry professionals through Advisory Committees specific to each degree, to ensure that you will receive the freshest knowledge possible.
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Online Insurance & Financial Services, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Understand and apply generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrate selling and marketing skills.
- Utilize business software, the internet, and computer applications to make financial decisions, spreadsheets, reports, and presentations.
- Understand business structure categories/types (sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership).
- Understand business legal terms.
- Apply principles of banking.
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of major lines of insurance.
- Conduct investment transactions.
- Understand trust operations.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of personal finance practices.
- Understand basic management styles and practices.
- Investigate and analyze credit applications.
- Interpret and respond to nonverbals in a business environment.
- Understand and maintain ethical behaviors.
- Understand and embrace cultural and societal diversity.
- Demonstrate respect for selves and others.
- Understand the value of professional and/or community involvement.
- Understand and apply teamwork principles.
- Use professional written communication skills.
- Use professional verbal communication skills.
- Provide good customer service.
Program Curriculum - Total Credits: 68
Requirements: Achievement of a grade of “C” or higher for INS 205 , INS 215 , BUS 209 , BUS 217 , INS 220 and INS 225 .
Computer application skills are necessary for successful program completion.
Students entering a program in any semester other than outlined may not graduate in the expected amount of time.
Click the following link for a list of approved Technical Electives . Please see your program advisor for further details.
Estimated total program fees
|Books & Supplies