Dec 04, 2020
2020-2021 Academic Catalog
Web Programming, Certificate
Upon completion of a Certificate in Web Programming a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Understand and demonstrate basic computer constructs.
- Understand and demonstrate proficiency in Java.
- Demonstrate the ability to use an Integrated Development Environment tool (i.e. Visual Studio) efficiently.
- Demonstrate proper use of a programming language’s syntax, data, memory, and control structures.
- Create a static web page using HTML structural elements and attributes.
- Define and apply style rules to one or more web page.
- Design and implement page layouts using tables and CSS style rules.
- Create a Web form to accept a variety of user input.
- Develop a responsive, multimedia Web site.
- Test and edit an HTML document so that it is considered ‘well-formed’ (follows specified standards).
- Assemble static elements including text, graphics, and pictures into professional appearing web sites.
- Create, test & debug server side PHP programs.
- Use MySQL Database Management System to create database tables for use with Internet applications.
- Design attractive, dynamic web sites which integrate Internet applications and databases.
- Publish unique websites including static, dynamic and database elements to a remote web server.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Demonstrate the ability to break down the logic needed to solve a problem using computer programs.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and in teams to achieve established goals.
- Employ a software development process that includes problem analysis, logic and interface design, testing and debugging.
- Distinguish between a program’s input, processing, and output requirements.
- Identify and resolve different types of programming errors.
- Create programs that effectively solve a variety of problems.
- Exhibit professional and ethical behavior.
- Seek membership in professional organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and present information on a given IT topic.
- Design and construct a professional-looking, user-friendly interface that enhances a software solution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written communication.
- Demonstrate professional verbal skills through oral presentations.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate computer terminology.
- Explain fundamental programming concepts and terminology.
- Discuss program logic and code with others.
- Describe objects and the document object model (DOM).
- Describe ways to address various accessibility issues on the Web.