Dec 04, 2020
2020-2021 Academic Catalog
Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, AAS
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Demonstrate understanding of cardiovascular anatomy and physiology concepts.
- Apply fundamental principles of radiation physics.
- Operate cardiovascular equipment to obtain diagnostic data.
- Evaluate and assess diagnostic data obtained during cardiovascular procedures
- Measure and calculate data obtained from various diagnostic modalities.
- Demonstrate understanding of physiological benefits of interventional procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize interventional equipment for treatment of cardiovascular pathologies.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Compare and contrast analytical data provided from various cardiovascular diagnostic and imaging modalities.
- Identify cardiovascular physiology from images and data provided from diagnostic imaging modalities.
- Demonstrate understanding of the how interventional procedures are selected based upon patient pathologies.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve equipment difficulties associated with cardiovascular invasive procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate and respond to changing patient conditions.
- Demonstrate ability to function and act as a cardiovascular specialist in the clinical environment
- Exhibit strong work ethic, self-esteem, integrity, honesty, sociability and interpersonal skills.
- Show compassion for patients and treat patients with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate quality and friendly service when acting as a cardiovascular specialist in the clinical environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with clients in diverse situations; exhibiting flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrate respect diversity within different cultures.
- Plan for advancement and professional development by setting goals, by continuing training, exploring new technology, conduct research and learning of opportunities for career and degree advancement.
- Identify methods to continue education in regards to technological advancements within the cardiovascular profession.
- Demonstrate proper teamwork dynamics.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with team members and physicians in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate appropriate information to patients, family, and medical team in an empathetic and confidential manner.
- Demonstrate ability to accurately and coherently communicate in digital and written documentation.
- Demonstrate ability to perform presentation on cardiovascular topics within the classroom environment.