Jan 28, 2022
2016-2017 Catalog and Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Automotive Technology, 2 Year Diploma
Upon completion of a Diploma in Automotive Technology, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Comply with safety and health rules/procedures.
- Identify hazardous substances in the work place.
- Use and maintain proper tools and equipment.
- Maintain work area.
- Act during emergencies.
- Use and interpret information from sophisticated diagnostic equipment.
- Use precision devices to meet manufacturing standards.
- Follow service manuals to do appropriate repair replacement procedure.
- Explain and demonstrate chemical and physical reactions.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Clarify purposes and goals and identify the problem.
- Employ reasoning skills.
- Assess employer and employee responsibility in solving a problem.
- Evaluate options and estimate results of implemented options.
- Set priorities, identify solutions to the problem, and implement a solution.
- Prioritize and organize workloads.
- Diagnose the cause of the problem.
- Participate in employment orientation.
- Treat people with respect.
- Exhibit positive behavior.
- Comply with organizational expectations.
- Comply with company dress and appearance standards.
- Use job-related terminology.
- Participate in meetings in a positive and constructive manner.
- Assess business image and products/services.
- Demonstrate work ethics and behavior.
- Write workplace standard documents: letters, memos, email, and reports
- Interact with co-workers and customers in appropriate manner.
- Cooperate in teams.
- Follow and give written and oral directions.
- Use proper telephone etiquette.
- Interpret the use of body language.