Dec 10, 2019
Desire a career in marketing, but torn with your love for design? Get a taste for both with a Marketing Design emphasis degree. Learn knowledge in the basics of marketing, and graphic design with this all new program. A true asset for small and large businesses, graduates will be versed in graphic design software, website construction, preparation of news releases and organization of publicity events and press conferences. In addition, key business skills such as sales, marketing, management, communication, customer service, and computers are emphasized.
You will be prepared to assume a valued and diverse position with design firms or any small or large company in a variety of industries.
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Marketing: Design Emphasis, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Understand marketing terminology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of page layout software.
- Design and create web-based marketing materials.
- Develop an understanding of web design.
- Demonstrate and understand the principles of marketing research.
- Evaluate the creativity and technical skills required in advertising.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the selling process.
- Exhibit awareness of global issues in marketing.
- Basic retailing concepts and practices. (Marketing only)
- Basics of accounting knowledge.
- Basic selling skills.
- Basic marketing concepts.
- Basic business structure categories/types. (sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership)
- Basic business legal terms
Problem Solving\Critical Thinking
- General personal finance practices.
- Basic management styles and practices.
- Professional and ethical behaviors.
- Professional written communication skills.
- Professional verbal communication skills.
Program Curriculum - Total Credits: 64
Requirements: Achievement of a grade of “C” or higher for MKT 120 , MKT 130 , and MKT 270 .
Students entering a program in any semester other than outlined may not graduate in the expected amount of time.
Click the following link for a list of approved Technical Electives . Please see your program advisor for further details.
Estimated total program fees
|Books & Supplies