Aug 26, 2019
Love being an LPN but looking for more opportunity? As a Registered Nurse, you can move forward in the rewarding field you already know and love. Expand your knowledge and expertise as a nurse which will complement the technical skills you already possess as an LPN.
This degree is a perfect fit for Southeast Tech LPN graduates or other LPNs who have 750 hours of documented work experience. Just plug your LPN diploma in and move forward with your Registered Nurse, AAS Degree! Graduates of this program will be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination.
Background checks and drug screenings are required for this program.
- Bring Your Own Laptop (BYOL) (You can either purchase a laptop on your own or purchase one from the STI Support Center. Estimated 750.00 for laptop.)
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Registered Nursing, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Recognize and understand anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- Demonstrate competency with use of equipment appropriate within the scope of practice of licensed practical nurses.
- Calculate and measure for precise medication administration within the scope of practice of licensed practical nurses.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Demonstrate understanding of the steps of the nursing process, including assessment, recognition, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Comprehend the legal and ethical issues within the scope of practice for the licensed practical nurse.
- Appropriately adapt critical thinking skills within various patient care settings.
- Exhibit strong work ethic, attendance, self-esteem, integrity, honesty, sociability and interpersonal skills.
- Network with coworkers, support staff and physicians.
- Encourage involvement on committees through student organizations.
- Treat patients with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Respect diversity in other cultures.
- Communicate in a professional manner.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Communicate delicate information to patients and family in an empathetic and confidential manner.
- Accurately and clearly document in written format.
Program Curriculum - Total Credits: 44
Year 1: Licensed Practical Nursing Diploma Completion (53 credits)
Year 2: Additional Credits for AAS Degree Listed Below:
*Incoming students are required to show current proof of certification in Basic Life Support (CPR) for Health Care Providers through the American Heart Association.
Requirements: Achievement of a “C” or higher for all NURS courses.
Students entering a program in any semester other than outlined may not graduate in the expected amount of time.
Estimated total program fees
|Books & Supplies
|Physical & Immunizations
|Background Check & Drug Screen