Jan 22, 2020
Blessed with the gift of charisma and charm? Enjoy working with others? A career in sales could be a wonderful and rewarding career choice for you. You’ll focus on professional sales skills and social media knowledge along with specialized technical electives to give you an edge in a particular industry or area of an organization. In addition, key business skills such as sales, marketing, accounting, management, communication, customer service, business law and computers are emphasized.
You will be prepared to assume a sales position in any field, and will have a good understanding of marketing, communications and consumer behavior.
- Southeast Tech Laptop Required
ALSO OFFERED AS AN ONLINE PROGRAM!
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Marketing, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Understand marketing terminology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of page layout software.
- Design and create web-based marketing materials.
- Develop an understanding of web design.
- Demonstrate and understand the principles of marketing research.
- Evaluate the creativity and technical skills required in advertising.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the selling process.
- Exhibit awareness of global issues in marketing.
- Basic retailing concepts and practices. (Marketing only)
- Basics of accounting knowledge.
- Basic selling skills.
- Basic marketing concepts.
- Basic business structure categories/types. (sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership)
- Basic business legal terms
Problem Solving\Critical Thinking
- General personal finance practices.
- Basic management styles and practices.
- Professional and ethical behaviors.
- Professional written communication skills.
- Professional verbal communication skills.
Program Curriculum - Total Credits: 67
Requirements: Achievement of a grade of “C” or higher for MKT 120 , MKT 160 and MKT 210 .
Students entering a program in any semester other than outlined may not graduate in the expected amount of time.
Click the following link for a list of approved Technical Electives . Please see your program advisor for further details.
Estimated total program fees
|Books & Supplies