Sep 17, 2019
The adrenaline junkies of business, marketing professionals work in an exciting career field. Able to work for nearly any industry, this profession is driven by deadlines, analysis, technology and creativity. If you enjoy working with different forms of media, analyzing data, multi-tasking, trouble-shooting and creating solutions for business, marketing is definitely the career field for you! Flexibility is key to success in this field!
- Southeast Tech Laptop Required
ALSO OFFERED AS AN ONLINE PROGRAM!
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Marketing, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Understand marketing terminology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of page layout software.
- Design and create web-based marketing materials.
- Develop an understanding of web design.
- Demonstrate and understand the principles of marketing research.
- Evaluate the creativity and technical skills required in advertising.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the selling process.
- Exhibit awareness of global issues in marketing.
- Basic retailing concepts and practices. (Marketing only)
- Basics of accounting knowledge.
- Basic selling skills.
- Basic marketing concepts.
- Basic business structure categories/types. (sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership)
- Basic business legal terms
Problem Solving\Critical Thinking
- General personal finance practices.
- Basic management styles and practices.
- Professional and ethical behaviors.
- Professional written communication skills.
- Professional verbal communication skills.
Program Curriculum - Total Credits: 66
Requirements: Achievement of a grade of “C” or higher for MKT 120 and MKT 270 .
Students entering a program in any semester other than outlined may not graduate in the expected amount of time.
Click the following link for a list of approved Technical Electives . Please see your program advisor for further details.
Estimated total program fees
|Books & Supplies