Aug 24, 2019
Professionals in Financial Services focus on the business and the management of money and credit. They work in credit unions, savings and loan institutions, finance companies, commercial banks, insurance companies, investment firms, financial planning firms, credit card companies, and finance departments of businesses. They also have the opportunity to become licensed as real estate agents, insurance agents, and satisfy prerequisites for investment licensures.
- Southeast Tech Laptop Required
ALSO OFFERED AS AN ONLINE PROGRAM!
Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Financial Services, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Understand and apply generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrate selling and marketing skills.
- Utilize business software, the internet, and computer applications to make financial decisions, spreadsheets, reports, and presentations.
- Understand business structure categories/types (sole proprietorship, corporation, partnership).
- Understand business legal terms.
- Apply principles of banking.
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of major lines of insurance.
- Conduct investment transactions.
- Understand trust operations.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of personal finance practices.
- Understand basic management styles and practices.
- Investigate and analyze credit applications.
- Interpret and respond to nonverbals in a business environment.
- Understand and maintain ethical behaviors.
- Understand and embrace cultural and societal diversity.
- Demonstrate respect for selves and others.
- Understand the value of professional and/or community involvement.
- Understand and apply teamwork principles.
- Use professional written communication skills.
- Use professional verbal communication skills.
- Provide good customer service.
Program Curriculum - Total Credits: 68
Requirements: Achievement of a grade of “C” or higher for BUS 200 , BUS 209 , BUS 217 , BUS 219 , BUS 235 and BUS 276 .
Students entering a program in any semester other than outlined may not graduate in the expected amount of time.
Click the following link for a list of approved Technical Electives . Please see your program advisor for further details.
Estimated total program fees
|Books & Supplies