Aug 24, 2019
2017-2018 Catalog and Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Diesel Technology: Agriculture/Construction Emphasis, 2 year Diploma
Upon completion of a Diploma in Diesel Technology: Agriculture/Construction Emphasis, a student will be able to:
Science & Technology
- Repair Diesel Engines.
- Repair Drive Train Systems.
- Repair Brake Systems.
- Repair Suspension & Steering Systems.
- Repair Electrical/Electronic Systems.
- Repair Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Systems.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance Inspections.
- Recognize impact of technological changes in the transportation industry.
- Comply with safety and health rules/procedures.
- Identify hazardous substances in the work place.
- Use and maintain proper tools and equipment.
- Maintain work area.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
- Diagnose truck systems to determine deficiencies.
- Evaluate diagnostic test results.
- Identify the problem and evaluate options.
- Apply appropriate solutions to the problem and their impact.
- Employ reasoning skills.
- Assess employer and employee responsibility in solving a problem.
- Estimate results of implemented options.
- Prioritize and organize workloads.
- Work effectively in a team.
- Implement responsibilities of the position and comply with organizational expectations.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Assume responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn.
- Practice time management.
- Practice cost effectiveness.
- Apply ethical reasoning.
- Display initiative, assertiveness and positive behavior.
- Treat people with respect.
- Use job-related terminology.
- Follow conservation/environmental practices and policies.
- Communicate technical information to customers.
- Follow written and oral directions.
- Prepare written reports.
- Demonstrate effective job-seeking techniques.
- Demonstrate basic computing skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to manage and access information.
- Communicate professionally with team members, co-workers, and customers.