Upon completion of an Associate of Applied Science Degree as an Electrician, a student will be able to:
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.