Southeast Technical Institute is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, 800.621.7440.
Southeast Tech was officially accepted into the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) AQIP process for accreditation December 2006. AQIP stands for the Academic Quality Improvement Program (http://www.hlcommission.org/).
AQIP is a process through which an already-accredited institution can maintain accreditation through a series of activities over an eight year period: comprehensive institutional self-assessment with external review; strategy forum collaboration with other institutions; action projects and HLC peer action project review; annual update report on projects; systems portfolio and HLC peer review of systems portfolio; comprehensive quality review site visit; and reaffirmation of accreditation. The following cycle represents an institution’s activities (AQIP Pathway Eight-Year Cycle Transition Map ):
- Every year: Annual Action Projects and Action Project Updates and Peer Response
- Twice within 8 year cycle: Systems Portfolio and Systems Appraisal, Strategy Forum
- Year 8: Federal Compliance, Comprehensive Quality Review and Reaffirmation of Accreditation
For more information go to southeasttech.edu and click on About Us/Accreditation/Continuous Quality.
The South Dakota Board of Education has approved Southeast Tech to grant the associate of applied science degree, diplomas, and certificates.
Many Southeast Tech programs maintain specialized accreditations.
Some of these include:
- The Automotive Technology, Collision Repair Technology, and Diesel Technology programs are certified as Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) programs by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
101 Blue Seal Drive SE, Suite 101
Leesburg, VA 20175
- The Cardiac Ultrasound, Vascular Ultrasound, Invasive Cardiovascular, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Electroneurodiagnostic Technology, and Surgical Technology programs are accredited by CAAHEP, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 US Highway 19 N., Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
- Nuclear Medicine Technology is accredited by JRCNMT- Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
Joint Review Committee on Education Programs
2000 W Danforth Road, Suite 130, #203
Edmond, OK 73003
- Licensed Practical Nursing has full approval status from the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
- LPN to RN, AAS program has full approval status from the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
South Dakota Board of Nursing
4305 S Louise Ave, Suite 201
Sioux Falls, SD 57106-3315
- The LPN to RN AAS program is accredited by ACEN (Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
- Law Enforcement is approved by the South Dakota Law Enforcement Standards and Training Commission.
South Dakota Law Enforcement Officers Standard and Training Commission
1302 E Highway 14, Suite 5
Pierre, SD 57501
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration is accredited through the HVAC Excellence Accreditation program.
HVAC Excellence Programmatic Accreditation
1701 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006
- The Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
7272 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Accreditation Council of Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
135 S LaSalle St, Suite 4100
Chicago, IL 60603-4810
- The Phlebotomy Technician program is accredited by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
33 W Monroe St, Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60603